Monday, April 26, 2010

Senior Retreat!

I'm on my senior retreat this week, spending a week here in Jersey Shore, PA and I'm loving it here!!! This week is kind of like a quick preview on what life is going to be like for those of us who are planning on going on with New Tribes. We're learning a little about building a good foundation for teaching, how to understand culture and the importance of knowing it, phonetics and linguistics, and so so much more! Today we "went into the tribe." They have a village set up with people in it and it's a small taste of what it's going to be like for us the first day we go to the tribe. It was really hard!!! Here we come in with absolutely no idea of what is culturally acceptabe and absolutely no knowledge of the language and we had to communicate with them and try to make it out of there with some new vocabulary. It'll take too long to tell ya'll about it here, but seriously, ask me about it sometime! Seriously, as time goes on, I become more and more excited about pursuing tribal missions! My passion to join this team grows every single day!
Please be in prayer for us as we continue to study this week! There is a lot of information to understand, lots of foreign and difficult concepts to be grasped, and lots of "stepping out of my comfort zone" and trying new things. I can't wait to fill you all in on what God is teaching me here....and it's only day one! If you have a few minutes, here is the NTM promo vidio for Wayumi that will give you a better picture of what we're doing here.

No comments: