Saturday, November 7, 2009

It is finished.

"My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!"
~Horatio G. Spafford "It Is Well"

Colossians 2:13-14
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.



I love the picture that this paints in my head. It has such finality. It's not about me and what I'm doing, it's all about Christ and what He has done. It is finished.
My sin, not in part but the whole, is nailed to the wonderful cross of Jesus Christ, and I bear it no more!! Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!!!!!!!

No comments: