Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's a small, dark world.

I had a fabulous shift at work today. It's always fun to work with people you enjoy! Since I started this job in November and then was gone for almost the whole month of December, I'm still getting acquainted with a lot of the girls I work with.
Today I was on shift with a girl named Paige. We had the opportunity to get to know one another a little bit in between customers and I was surprised to find out that, not only was she familiar with New Tribes, she also knew a lot of the same people I did! She is good friends with missionaries that work at the aviation base in Arizona where Drew and I are going to live after we get married. She even knew who his family was! It really is a small world!!
So, later on, I was visiting with some friends and I decided to tell them about all the connections I had discovered that day between my co-worker and myself. As I began to tell them about it, I said, "So there's this girl that I work with, and I've known she was a Christian for a long time just by the way she acts......." It wasn't until I finished my story that it dawned on me, it was no surprise at all to me when I discovered that Paige was a believer. She is sweet and caring, her conversation is always wholesome, she is an extremely hard and faithful worker...the list could go on and on. It really made me stop and think.....do I have a testimony like that? Do I conduct myself in a way that doesn't give anyone any doubt that I serve Christ? Even more importantly, do my life, conversation, or actions dishonor the name of Christ in any way before unbelievers?
I thank God that He set an example right in front of me of what it looks like to have a shining testimony in a dark world. I pray that I will continually have a testimony that brings Him nothing but the highest honor and glory! It may be a small world, but it's also a very dark world. Only God's truth can penetrate the darkness. My our lives be shining lights for Him!

1 comment:

rockstar said...

Awesome! I remember hearing someone say one time, "If you're the only glimpse of Jesus that someone sees, are you proud of what you've shown?"
I hope so much that I represent Him well!!!