Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm back in good ol' Michigan!

It's good to be back! I had a great and relaxing break, just what I needed. Now I've got my nose back to the grindstone and it feels great! I can't believe I'm a senior! Everything has gone so so fast! I remember coming in with the freshmen class and looking at the Seniors like they were walking, talking Bible commentaries and encyclopedias. They MUST possess vast amounts of knowledge about the Scripture because....well....they're seniors! Now that I'm here, although I've learned so much in the past 3 semesters, I see now how far I have to go. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. That is such an exciting concept to me! I could study 24/7 for my entire life and never exhaust the wisdom and knowledge of the Scripture!

This semester is going to be difficult. Not as difficult as my Junior semester was (or so I hear), but definitely difficult. I will be studying:
-Daniel/Revelation
-Colossians
-Philippians
-1 and 2 Timothy
-1 and 2 Thessalonians
-1,2, and 3 John
-Oral Communications
-Christian Life
-Eschatology
-Ecclesiology
-Philemon
-Titus
-Intro to Tribal Missions
-Intro to NTM
-False Deities of the Ancient World
-Partnership Development
-Esther/Ezra/Nehemiah
-Handling Conflict
-Psalms

Needless to say, it's going to be busy. I'm also working as much as I can, trying to continue to raise money to pay for my tuition. As of now, I made my initial payment of $1800, and have somewhere around $2000 left to pay off for the semester. My family was so very wonderful in helping me out!! I am so very blessed to have them. Even when I was home for Christmas, if the family was going to go out and do something, they would chip in and pay for me so I could go along to. The reason that I made my initial payment was because various members of my wonderful family came up to me at different times and gave me gifts that left me speechless. I was able to come here and continue to study the precious Word of God because of the provision of my heavenly Father through the wonderful people that I am so grateful and blessed to call my family.
Please pray for me as I continue to work as many hours as I can possibly get! Sometimes its hard to get hours where I work, but God has been so good since I came back. I've been able to work quite a bit and I'm praying it'll continue. Please pray for my financial situation in general. Also, please pray for me as I try to balance classes, work, homework, dorm responsibilities, and all the rest of the craziness that we get to call life. Thank you all so much!!!

I'll try to get back into the swing of updating this thing a little more often. :)

No comments: