Monday, May 25, 2009

Let me introduce you to my dear friend Steve.


Steve is a student with me at NTBI in Jackson, MI. I am seriously blessed to have him as a friend! He is always an amazing encouragement to me and God has used him in so many ways to be a phenomenal blessing in my life and in the lives of so many other people that I know. I'm writing this post to ask you all to be in prayer for our brother in Christ as he heads of to serve at a camp in Allegan, MI this summer. This is a little bit of the email that he recently sent out describing his ministry and how we can pray for him.
"I will be a cabin leader for the summer over there. The camp part of Chicago Child Evangelism Fellowship and is focused on evangelizing kids (8-14 years old) that come out of low-income, urban type backrounds. This camp is going to stretch me in ways I've never been stretched. I am looking forward to the challeges ahead of me for this summer. I certainly can not do any of this on my own strength. I need to continue to be renewed by His word daily and find strength in Him. I also am in need of your prayers. I ask that you would please pray for me daily as I interact and share the gospel with these children and that I would allow Christs' life to be lived out through me and I would not seek my own desires. "

I know I can count on you guys to take part in Steve's ministry by continually lifting him up in prayer!

No comments: