Monday, April 6, 2009

Missing Mike today...


"Haste thee on from grace to glory, armed by faith and winged by prayer
Heaven's eternal days before thee, God's own hand shall guide thee there
Soon shall close thy earthly mission, swift shall pass thy pilgrim days
Hope shall change to glad fruition, faith to sight and prayer to praise"

I have so much that I want to write and only 9% of my computer battery left. All I can say is that not a day goes by when I don't think of Mike and all that he taught me. I can honestly say that if it weren't for some of the talks that we had and his influence, I wouldn't be at New Tribes today. Whenever I was fed up (especially with school) he would urge me on, encouraging me and praying for me. My binder here at NTBI has his picture in the front of it with a quote from an email he sent me at a particularly hard time in my last semester at Cerritos College.
He said "Remember, our God is amazingly faithful, especially when we struggle in life. His GRACE is sufficient no matter what we are facing."
He probably had no idea how those words would continue to encourage me and point my eyes to Christ, even over two years after he wrote them. I miss him but I know that he is in a far better place and I can't can't can't wait to join him. My heart goes out to Amy, Whit, Judy, Ed, Jodi, and all of my GAP family. It's been so extremely hard to be all the way out here today. This is one day when I really wanted to be home.
God is so good, so faithful, so merciful, so gracious, and so so loving...even in the extremely hard times. To Him alone be glory. Soli Deo Gloria!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ed says hi. He's glad you're happy.

leililan said...

don't worry. you were there! you always are!!